In the past, an attorney could call a practicing orthopedic surgeon and ask for an informal opinion about what is current and new in an area. Today, time constraints make it difficult to call and ask “what about this.” I offer these informal opinions sharing the current consensus about orthopedic care.
After 35 years in Albuquerque private practice, I am retired and focusing on helping adjusters and attorneys in orthopedic cases. I work with plaintiff’s attorneys, defense attorneys, and adjusters.
I offer free estimates of costs for a medical record review or an independent medical evaluation, I.M.E.
- I do not charge you for my phone conference explaining my opinion of the records and asking how I may help.
- There is no obligation for either of us at that point. If you want me to do more and accept my estimate of the cost, I will help you to clarify the medical issues.
- Please call or email me first, so I anticipate your records and the time needed doing your analysis.
- I am paperless; please send me everything electronically.
- Please get the digital images; I must have them to give an accurate medical opinion of your case. If your staff if having difficulty getting the digital images, call me and together we will find a quicker way.
I perform medical record reviews and expert medical witness opinions most commonly. I offer independent medical examinations when we think a physical exam is required to define all the injuries.
I provide opinions about orthopedic injuries including causation, past medical care and costs, future medical treatments and their price with any permanent physical or occupational limitations as a result of the injury. Please feel free to call me about your needs.
I am licensed to practice medicine in New Mexico and Colorado. I am available for court testimony in New Mexico and Colorado.
Email: BillChesnutMD@comcast.net and my telephone is 505-501-7556 (please dial all ten digits .)